Thursday, August 23, 2018

Evil Walks In The Shadows

911: 911, what is your emergency?

Caller: There is someone inside the house, please, help!

911: Can you give me your name and your location, please.

Caller: Alisa Hadley. I do not know the address. I am at my friend’s summer house and someone was outside and now I think that someone is inside the house. I can describ…

The call has ended.


Alisa Hadley

The lights went out, the phone fell silent and the television in the living-room turned off. The power was lost or someone had cut it. I put the receiver back to its place and crouched. Then I crawled under the oakwood desk since there were no other places to hide in the room. My heart was pounding so I wanted to shush it. I could hear footsteps on the hallway or did I just imagine it? Outside the window the summer night’s darkness swallowed the surrounding forest and the wind from the sea knocked on the wooden sash like it was asking to get in. My eyes locked on to the oil lamp resting on the windowsill but I did not dare to stand up to reach it.

I could definitely hear the footsteps now. They came towards the office and finally stopped right outside the door. I had been holding my breath for too long and it came out loudly. My mouth was open and I was panting like a dog. My stomach hurt.

My friend had offered me her cabin, surrounded by forest and in a lonely island, so I could work on my autobiography in peace. That meant, I was alone, cut off from everyone by the sea. Or so I had believed. But I should have known that the stalker would not let me be, and earlier that night, before I heard someone coming into the house, the phone had rang three times. The first and second times there was nothing but silence on the other end, the last time I did not even bother to answer.

Suddenly, the door opened and I was trapped. I searched for something I could use as a weapon but all I saw was pencils, books and binders. I pulled my knees to my chin and hoped the stalker would not find me. But then a dark shadow leaned over me and I could see the painted face of a grotesque rubber mask. That scared me so I tried to quickly get up and ended up hitting my head against the table. Then everything went dark.


24.06. Forty-two-year-old Alisa Hadley was found murdered at her friend’s summer house
Alisa Hadley called 911 ten past eleven at night and informed that there was someone inside the house. Hadley did not remember the address and the call ended before she could say more. Hadley’s friend, and the owner of the summer house, Irene Potts later called the police telling them she could not reach her friend. Police got the address from Potts and when they arrived at the scene, they found Alisa Hadley dead. She had been stabbed multiple times. Forty-two-year-old Alisa Hadley was a kindergarten teacher and she loved the theater. She had told to her friend that she wanted to go to the summer house in order to write her autobiography. The house was located on an island and surrounded by thick forest. However, Irene Potts told that the real reason Hadley wanted away from the city was that she had suffered some harassment back home. The police confirmed that Alisa Hadley had received numerous disturbing phone calls as well as letters through mail. The letters were written using clippings from magazines. The content was disturbing. Irene Potts told that Alisa Hadley had stopped everything, even going to the store alone, claiming that she was sure someone was following her. Only one week prior to Hadley’s murder, she had found her Affenpinscher dog Meemee, dead in a cardboard box outside her house. A police report was made but the perpetrator was never caught. The police believes that the harassment has a connection to the murder.


Benjamin Porter

I sat quietly in the closet. When I had been a kid, I had often hid myself in that very same closet when we were playing hide and seek. This time I hoped the game would end before I was found. I heard how someone was pacing around in the kitchen. I waited, holding my breath, that I would hear that someone retreating into the living-room as that would be my chance to make it to the front door. Then I could simply run to our neighbor’s and call help. The distance between us was over a kilometer but I could manage that easily. Just last spring, I had won a race at school.

I could not hear the footsteps anymore, so I yanked the closet door open and sprung into the stairs. They were old and made out of wood, so they made a terribly loud cracking sound under my feet. I went down the last steps unbalanced like an elephant in a slide and almost fell face down on to the floor. But not quite. I opened the front door and at that very moment someone grabbed me by my shoulders. Then I could feel stinging pain in my back and chest. I stopped moving and went numb, it hurt so. Hands on my shoulders let go and I fell on to the wooden porch that was wet from the rain. A burning sensation went through my back. After that came even worse pain, as the something used to struck me in the back, was pulled off. My head felt light. Then I was struck again. The wind pushed the cold rain against my face.


13.07. Teenage boy was stabbed in his home – Connection to the Alisa Hadley -case?
Sixteen-year-old Benjamin Porter was found dead Friday night. The young boy’s parents were at a barn dance and Benjamin was home alone. Someone had forced their way in and cut the power. Porter’s friend from school, Ian Peterson, phoned 911 half past eleven, after Benjamin had called him that there was someone in the house. Peterson said that Benjamin had sounded genuinely scared. When the police took a closer look at the case, it was revealed that Benjamin Porter had received phone calls and letters similar to ones Alisa Hadley was getting before her death. The boy’s parents had not known anything about them.
We thought he was getting letters from his friends. We never opened them”, Mrs. Porter explains. Nevertheless, Benjamin had told about the calls and letters to his friends from school.
We thought it was a bully from school. Benjamin was not too popular amongst older kids”, Ian Peterson says. The police have not yet found a connection between Benjamin Porter and Alisa Hadley. They had never met each other. It is recommended that if you receive any disturbing calls or letters, you should immediately inform the police.


Sandra James

I was lying on the floor, and I heard the footsteps disappearing in to the hallway. Then the front door to the stairway was slammed shut so forcefully the doorbell in it clang faintly. I heard him running down the stairs. Someone stop him, please!

He had thought I was dead already, but I was still breathing among the blood gushing from my lips. Everywhere I saw only red and the world was spinning around in circles. My body was hurting so I could not feel it anymore. I could not move. I was covered in holes, like a voodoo doll. The noise in my head grew louder. It was hard to remember what had just happened.

At first it was cold, then warm and then hot. The world disappeared in front of my eyes. I was left lying in the pool of my own blood as my consciousness drifted away.


01.08. The third victim of The Stabber: Twenty-six-year-old Sandra James
History student was found dead in her apartment 31. of July, when the neighbors informed the police about loud screaming in the building. Sandra James had received letters almost identical to the ones Alisa Hadley and Benjamin Porter. It had the same pattern; at first they had been friendly and harmless but soon escalated into threats. Sandra James had not told about the letters to her parents or her friends or the police. There were no signs of forced break-in. Sandra had let the perpetrator in herself. This leads the police to believe that it was someone she knew or someone posing, for example, as a janitor or a salesman. The young woman had been stabbed several times and there was evidence that she had fought back. In any of the three crime scenes, no evidence has been found. The police are now looking for a serial killer, and encourage people to keep their doors locked at all times and to inform if there is anything unusual.

***


I stare my next victim through the glass. My victim does not see me or even know that I exist. The game is about to begin. I have my victim’s phone number and I am going to make a call soon, the very first one. I have shadowed my victim for many days now. To the market, to the park, I think my victim feels my stare as I have seen you turn around and look for something as if you knew I was following. That is good.

I can see you sitting there, poor posture, thinking you are alone. Reading. I have seen you talk to yourself when you think no one hears. Your phone will ring soon.


You should close the windows, close the doors. I see you. Can you feel it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment